- Scholarship Applicants must be sponsored by an NVTA member theatre. Applications must be sponsored by a NVTA member theatre.
- In 2011, two scholarships will be granted; one in the area of performance, one for technical merit.
- The scholarship is for tuition only, and will be sent directly to the registrar of the college or drama school in which the recipient is enrolled.
- Applicants must be residents of either the District of Columbia or the metropolitan area counties of Maryland and Virginia.
- Applicants must graduate from high school in May/June of the year they are applying and plan to enroll as a student in a dramatic/musical theatre performance or technical theatre program. Applicants are not required to major in theatre, musical theatre, or technical theatre; however, an intent to pursue these areas in their curriculum should be shown.
- No application fee is required for these scholarships. Download an application or contact Zina Bleck zina.bleck -at- gmail.com — to receive one.
Due dates for the application are on the form. Download the 2011-2012 NVTA Scholarship Application.
We also encourage tax-deductible contributions to our scholarship program. The number of scholarships we can offer each year depends on the generosity of our donors. Checks may be made out to “The NVTA Scholarship Fund” and mailed to
Gavin Tameris, Treasurer, NVTA
12011 Governor’s Court
Woodbridge, VA 22192-1609
2011 Scholarship Recipient
- Performance – Madeleine Curtis of Loudoun Valley High School, Purcellville (sponsored by McLean Community Players)
- Performance – Matt Kelly, Osbourne High School, Manassas (sponsored by Prince William Little Theatre)
- Performance – Emily Adler of W. T. Woodson High School, Fairfax (sponsored by Providence Players)
2009 Scholarship Recipient
- Performance – Amanda Herman (Alliance Theatre)
2008 Scholarship Recipients
- Performance – Peyton Tucker, Osbourne Park HS (Prince William Little Theatre)
- Technical – Allison McGrath, Westfield HS (Little Theatre of Alexandria)
2007 Scholarship Recipients
- Performance – Kelly Glyptis
- Technical – Helen McCarthy
2006 Scholarship Recipients and Sponsoring Theatre
- Performance – Raymond Ejiofor, T.C. Williams HS (Tapestry Theatre Company)
- Technical – Keegan Cassady, James Madison HS (Tapesty Theatre Company)
2002 Scholarship Recipients and Sponsoring Theatre
- Performance – Ellen Marie Cribbs (Prince William Little Theatre)
- Technical – Jessica Burlew (The Sterling Playmakers)